9/28/09

Things That Make You Go Ahhhh...


Today I give  you a few things that make me say, "Ahhhhh..."  Contrast is beautiful.  This kitchen from Point Click Home, Elle Decor is a striking sight from the contrasting counters and cabinetry, to the well displayed dishes in the cut out cabinets to the hard lines that contrast the circles and ovals in the cupboards, pictures, and tea set... beautiful.



If you ever see a large basket in a thrift store... buy it.  If you see a small basket in a thrift store... buy it.  Baskets make "stuff" look fab.  This pantry is my dream.  Notice there are no black marks on the shelving from dirty little feet trying to scale the shelving... hmm.   Those plate holders... they're going to be hung next to my sink when the open shelving goes in.  Thats the ONLY thing on my Christmas list.  Zip.  Zero distractions... only shelving and... well the unspoken 400 sf. needed laundry room.

Some of you may have closets that hold junk.... AND that same group may not have a dedicated office space.  Try parting with your junk.  Jack up your beds on risers and stow things underneath to clear out that closet.  Closet offices are a great use of space and may just help you get the rest of your life in order.  When you finally DO get the hubby man to finish off your new space, make sure you take a picture talking on the phone in your heeled boots and send it to me!  I always talk on the phone with heels on... oh and I vacuum in heels as well.  And I SOOO want to see your new space.

Thanks for bearing with the quickie post... I just came back into town this evening and Mount Evererst moved into my kitchen sink while I was gone.  I'm sure all the Shirpas and Tibetian Monks are wondering where that natural wonder went... it's in my sink and covered with old food and sippy cups.

6 comments:

Aura said...

I always get the worst closet and pantry envy. Especially pantry's, because...are you ready for this? WE DON'T HAVE ONE!! I am dying for my husband to build me one.

Joyce @ The Craft Barn said...

I don't have a pantry either! I have pantry envy. I do have a very large home office/craft room. Which you would THINK would be a good thing, but it leaves more than enough room for me to be completely unorganized with stuff all OVER the place! LOL I think I'd actually be better off with a little room inside a closet. Great post - I'm drooling over that kitchen!

Sarah said...

What wonderful spaces to drool over! Thanks for sharing them with us. God's blessings, Sarah :D

Jess said...

I've been buying baskets from thrift stores but I am worried they are going to look funny since they are all different styles and slightly different colors. I might spray paint them white or a brown...

Julz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy J said...

I do have a good-sized pantry, but it looks nothing like that awesome one! By the way, I work with your sister, Amber. She found out I like blogging, so she recommended yours. I'm a fan!

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping