12/3/09

Silk Stockings on your Mantle...

These are all from Frontgate.com  who boasts, "Outfitting America's Finest Homes"   I'll let you believe I have one of Americas Finest Homes... but then again, you've read my Christmas List ... I'm keep'n it real.
I have to hang 6!  My mantel almost falls every year...
2 year old loves batting at hung stockings.
Thinking of sending these to In-laws in Africa... except ooh they're like $200 EACH!!!!  I'm sure they used real zebra fur. You can have some as fabulous as these if you have some serious moola.... OR a crafty eye!
CHEAP at only $55-- I know you can do better!! How about this cutie at 100+?  They must not use hot glue to apply all that extra cute stuff! Elegant at $299!!!!  Yep, fine silk, lined with more fine silk, dripping with silky fringe... poor little worms!!  So for 6 kids, let's see... $1,800!!!.. no Christmas until they're 18?!?!?  I think the little dears would protest.Tree Skirt anyone?.... This put the silk farm out of business... $800!  Ouch... us moms can do MUCH better...There's no shame in calling all your neighbors for their 40% off coupons! Now get to that fabric store, haul out your glue guns and get to work!

What Christmas projects have you been up to your ears in?


7 comments:

Aura said...

Who pays that much for this stuff?!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I like some of the stockings at Pier 1, but also sometimes Pottery Barn does an online special for their stockings {with monogram}. Since I was a kid our stockings always had our names on them, so I just continued that when I got married. I have quilted fabric stockings with cross-stitch cuffs where I cross-stitched our names on them.

MARY said...

Boo! I don't have a mantle. Where else can I hang them?
I am all about wrapping this year. My goal is- no gift bags.

MARY said...

Of course, if I had a million-bagillion dollars I wouldn't pay that much for a stocking!!
Just felt it necessary to clarify:)

Jody said...

I want to see "the most expensive stocking" post like your tablecloth one a while back! You have a knack with finding those things..... :)

(hey, and if we both had enough money to spend a measly $1800.00 on stockings for our kids, we wouldn't be here, right?)

(oh, and I know I told you, but little misses M & N looked so cute in the news story!)

sweetjeanette said...

I'm all for knocking off those pricey hoity-toity places! LOL
There's a special sense of pride to be able to say, "oh this, yes, I made it" ! LOL

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I too love decorating for Christmas. I had just completed decorating the mantle, garland, lights and stockings were hung when my 7 year old asked for SHARPIE. I was deeply focused in my beading when I handed over the sharpie. Next thing I know, my son wrote his name and the names of his brother and sister on our beautiful lime green faux silk stockings. LOVELY! A keepsake I will always treasure...

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping