This is what my car looks like from my seat... only this isn't my car. I still haven't worked up to the blog fatal car post. I'm convinced ya'll would report me if you saw it in real life. Yes, I see many seats and by the beginning of our vacation, they're full of kids 'n "Stuff."
I used to stress about packing for the family... then we had baby #4 and I decided to turn my stress over to my kids. Here is how I pack for vacation with little or no stress and raise responsible children at the same time:
- Make sure I'm a caught up on laundry the week before.
- Assign husband to pack for himself. I pack ZERO of my HEROE'S things. Zip.
- Make a list of every clothing item my kiddos will need.
- Duplicate said list 5 times and deliver to each kid along with a suitcase and a deadline.
- Tell them to put their bag by the front door when it's packed.
- Pack baby's things.
- Pack my things.
- Pack food.
- Put off packing car until husband comes home and does it for me...
- take shower and brush teeth for the day.
- Enjoy watching our vacation unfold as I see what my kids packed... every trip has a memory and darn it... those punk-a-noodles forget very little these days.
Nope, not my car either... getting closer. I couldn't bear to make this picture any bigger... you get a pretty good idea by just squinting... now multiply times 6 kids. Uhh.Yes, I've seen my oldest son show up at church with white athletic socks and black dress loafers. I've seen my daughter barter for underwear from her brother (good thing he packed extra). I've laughed to see my son pack 5 pair of pants with 2 shirts for a week and laughed harder when his little brother brought a perfect list including toothbrush and toothpaste when I forgot them myself. I now have a 6 year old who forgets nothing. My kids are packing savvy and I am stress free.... almost... well... I may be seeking the unattainable with a family of 8.
Do your kids pack for vacations?Don't forget the all things Bird Party next Monday! If you decorate with cages, nests, twigs, eggs or the like, you need to post and link up! Grab this image and tell your friends...