Priorities of life take their shape in this room... the Master Bedroom. This is where you wake to a new day. This is where you get your game face on and get to work and begin your job of caring for others. This is where you return and reflect on how each day went... and you spend hours in this room sleeping and preparing for the next day. It's an important space and needs priority attention.
The master bedroom is a reflection of you. It should speak to you (and your sweetheart as well). Here are a few things that I once heard from a wise organizer...
- Create a space of privacy- This is an intimate private retreat for you and your sweetheart. It should be free from kids playing, televisions (oh, I'm so unpopular right now... I know, I know, I've already heard the whole "get a television" bit with 6 kids... yah people actually say that... we cheated.. we adopted 2! HA!)
- Create a relaxing space- lighting, candles, books, blankets, pitchers of water (yes, my hubby has his own filtered water in our room), music... fill your bedroom with all you need to relax and refresh.
- Keep your room clean- a messy room makes for a messy mind. This is the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning. If you wake to a clean, well kept room, your attitude, hope and mind are set to a positive note.
- Personalize it. Color the walls (and ceiling) to meet the personalities who share it. Yellow is cheerful, blue is calming, green is earthy and promotes conversation, red is passionate... let that room reflect your spirit... and don't be afraid to paint the ceiling blue if you want!
- Surround yourself with things you love- A very good friend of mine has the portraits of her 4 children nicely framed in black and white over her headboard. They are stunning close-ups and poignant reminders of what she lives for, who she serves and how important her job is. She cherishes those faces each morning and renews her strength each night because they remind her of what's important.
Enjoy your bedroom.
You're invited to a Kids Storage Party that I'm doing with Shabby Nest check out this post for details! Also, my article is was featured yesterday on Blissfully Domestic- Home swing by and check it out! And if that isn't enough of me... I know ya'll are sick o me blabbing about myself but honestly... I'm totally wigging out that I'm featured in more places than here. SO- Bella_Casa is hosting her giveaway Etsy party and one lucky someone is going to win one of my organizers. Go check out her Etsy party and enter! Okay, I'm done. Really...