3/19/09

Beware of Inspiration

It started with this prettied up painting project for a bathroom... I was inspired. Fancy cheap remodeling... It would work great with my Toile.... yes, we already know that I'm a Toile-aholic. This is my inspiration behind the kitchen re-paint.
This is the kitchen on a fairly good day. Most of the counter is showing.
After 3 days of prepping and painting.... Kids are glued to electronic devices- I'm afraid a couple of them were sucked into the device all together... remember Tron? (hubby laughs because I roll my eyes every time he mentions that show- I still haven't made it through without falling asleep). I still need to do a count off to see who's missing.
All I wanted was this... sort of... my kitchen needs Miracle Grow to achieve the full look.
This is what I've got so far. Don't worry all 8 are eating... something. I'm not sure what because I haven't gone shopping, done laundry, or picked anything up for 3 days.
I started with such great plans. Spring fever hit with a vengence. This no longer is nesting... unless you're a rat.
Please send chocolate... and prayers... and hope... and a handyman.
*** Please disregard that this blog is called Pretty Organized Palace. If you're looking for the Pretty Organizer, well, I'm sure I'll find her sometime at the end of the week... or weekend. In the mean time... feel free to check out her Hassle Free Homemaking ideas on the right. ya, sure... she REALLY knows what she's talking about... Painting a kitchen is NOT hassle free.

16 comments:

debi said...

Chin up!! You can do it!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Looking good! Wow! That must be a ton of work!

Are you painting the inside of the cabinets too? Did you have to sand before painting?

You can do it!

Amy said...

Sharing the in-progress pictures will let us appreciate the finished product so much more! In the meantime, open shelving is in right now.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh my goodness! You've got a job on your hands. I've been through this project before & it can be done with sanity. It's going to be beautiful.

REad your very funny post below & I'm looking forward to the party!

Cottagecheap said...

I think it is looking good!

PS-weird thing with your blog, can't read the baby blue type. Nearly lost my left retina!

Chris said...

Woah! I think I love it already. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Anne said...

That looks great! I can't wait until you come help me paint my kitchen. *grin* You are coming, right???

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

That's funny! I can't wait to see the end result. Have a super day.

Lorrie said...

Hilarious!
I've done this before...and I didn't even own the house then.

Remember your palace has to be built stone by stone...there are no fairy godmothers running around with HGTV wands and if I remember correctly you like the rest of us...Candice Olsen isn't coming to rescue you.

Karen said...

Keep at it and you'll be thrilled with the results. I've painted the cabinets in two kitchens and you do get to a "what the heck have I started stage", but once you get over the hump, it's all good!

Jennifer said...

This, too, shall pass! Can't wait to see the results!

Wendy said...

I hate painting! It is so time consuming!!! The hubby has it in his head that we have to repaint the main floor. He's gone around spackling holes. Now I look like I have polka-dotted walls! And little Mr. Three's birthday part is next week. sigh.

Deidra said...

Oh I admire you! I keep threatening to paint my kitchen cabinets and then I get paralyzed with fear. I can't wait to see your finished product!

Dawn said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

~Dawn

Michelle said...

You've got a great start! Can't wait to see what the finished project looks like!! It's always funny when I start a big project and I step back and look at the work thus far and I think...Why on Earth did I even start this!!

Great job!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Looking forward to the toile party! My post is up and ready for Mr. Linky. :-) Now I just need to remember to come link up. LOL Love all your inspiration room pics and can't wait to see your finished kitchen! I remember the painting all too well in mine...but it was all worth it...just keep looking at the inspiration photo! :-) Your kitchen would make a great Metamorphosis Monday post! :-) Thanks for hosting the Toile Party! Susan

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping