3/16/09

Nester, Me and Toile Makes 3

Remember I said that I loved this room so much I'd post a picture of it every month?  This is my dream room... of course, I share that dream with my pal Nester.  (Take a bird walk with me Nester girl...)

This is the room we'll share after we've both gone bonkers and eeked out our last posts at the ripe age of 94.  Nester will sit in that tan chair and figure out the next place to hang that door (which will weigh around 100lbs from so many layers of paint.)  I'll sit in the white chair amazed at how she decorated her husbands urn again with yet another nest and a few more star fish and a few sprigs of succulents.
We'll eat Toaster Strudels and chocolate on these plates... And dream of the fabulous Toile party of 2009....  Everyone who was anyone in blogland was there.
Will you be there... I mean Here Next Tuesday to post your love of Toile?
I'll sit back and wrap my gnarly hands around a paintbrush to make a few more Pretty Organizers and think about how I dreamed of a bathroom somewhere on earth where yellow belonged on the wall... {my hands continue to scrub the hatbox until the paint has worn off.}
Nester will pull out her supply of trim and work on her next tassel creation remembering how grateful she was to finally pay off her dream house in cash after her 1 million'th tassel... she's made enough now that all of blogland owns a Nester original... (the inside of our shared coat closet is filled with all the ones she could never part with- each kissed and wrapped in $100 dollar bills and packed amid moth balls.)
My room is red.  Red Toile with a Chair for my friend Kimba and Melissa to come and sit with me awhile.  They're the do gooders of blogland and bring us a little "Chicken Soup" for the soul... Melissa says, "If only we could have done more for them early on...  I never realized they were toile-aholics."  Kimba smiles, pats our hands and tells us stories of Tree houses and snow days and how to make our walkers into decorator door ornaments.
This is heaven.  
What?  Who needs a drink?... Child, for the love of Toile, GET BACK IN THAT ROOM!  Yes, my dream has ended... I am still a mostly gray 34 year old housewife and mother of 6 trying to keep my Palace Pretty Organized and my priorities in focus.  But wait... I still have great friends in blogland and the chance to host the biggest gathering of toile lovers ever!
Get your posts ready ladies!  Tell us about your love of toile.  Show us where you decorate with it... how you wear it (in good taste please) and lets have a party!  Wendy at the Shabby Nest is hosting this event with me.  She's in charge of the chocolate this time so please direct chocolate questions to her.  

See you back here next Tuesday with a linky party!  Now go invite all your readers and send 'em on over here to be inspired.  This is gonna be BIG! (If it's not, I'll feel like a total dork.)

Who's coming?  Wendy, Nester, Kimba, Melissa, Julia, Rhoda, and the list goes on.  Email me at PrettyOrganized at gmail dot com if you'd like a reminder!  Hope ya'll can come!

26 comments:

Kimba said...

Girl, you crack me up! When you're old and gnarly, I'll swing by and spray paint your walker bright yellow. Just for fun.

But then, if you're old and gnarly, that means I'll be old and gnarly too. I may have a hard time holding onto the can. Ah well, we'll manage.

Kimba

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Make sure you remind me...I want to...I really want to play with you all. I have one piece of toile and I'll show it off for you. :)

Lorrie said...

I had to come by and take a look because I know it's Tuesday. You're so funny. I'm starting to cave...now Toile...we'll it's doesn't look so bad. The funny thing is you've got me thinking of your blog whenever I see it.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh, so much to look forward to: next tuesday, and thirty years from now! Good thing toile is timeless.

Ells said...

Can my readers bear to see one more picture of my red toile bedroom? :) I hope so!

The Nester said...

Yes, it does sound heavenly. can we drink iced coffees in toile mugs?

See you next week! Don't let me forget!

Wendy said...

You are so seriously funny! I have this picture of you all in my head as these little shrunken grannies with your glue guns in hand! What a funny image in my head!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I can't wait! I just discovered your lovely blog last week and have been totally enjoying it. :o) This post was hysterical - yet has me head over heels as a hopeless devotee of all things toile (including my daughter's burp cloth...capital A adorable!!!). I'll be tuning in next Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I like Kimba's idea of the yellow walker. Combo that with a toile-blazened Snuggie and you're set, LOL! :o)

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Hello. We are excited about the linky party. We got our blog up and running -- "Out of the Attic" at atticgals.blogspot.com. Can't wait! Thanks again for all the notes you shared with me regarding your process of laundry. It is helping me with my 5 children. Thanks again.

Amy said...

I love these linky parties, but never seem to get it together in time! Thanks for the advance notice! Love your blog!! Found you through New Every Morning, IIRC.

Kira said...

Cuz'-
I need input on what color to paint my bathroom cabinets. I am going to somehow have to get toile into the post so I can get lots of input :) OR....maybe you can just come and help me....LOTS OF CHOCOLATE and diet coke, I promise!
-Kira

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

You are cracking me up. Silly girl!

Looking forward to toile heaven with all of my pals!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your blog from the shabby nest. I LOVE TOILE! I currently feature toile in my bathroom and one of the kids' rooms, and shortly I will have toile on a recovered chair in my own room. I don't have a blog, so I can't join your linky party, but rest assured I'll be here to read everyone's inspirational posts!!

Lindsay @ Makely said...

LOL You are hilarious!

I'm planning on being there! I need to get my post ready, but it's been on my "blog calendar" since the day you announced your party. LOL That's how much I love toile.

Decor To Adore said...

Love that toile ya'll! Happy Friday, Happy Spring, Happy~Happy Everything!

Michelle said...

Still here...still reading lol. I still think Toile is super yummy. I'm trying to figure out a way of sneaking some into our house with out The King finding it!! He thinks it's too girly!

American Homemaker said...

I would love a reminder :)

phillips phamily said...

Love it! You are too cute! My glider in our nursery is Black and White toile, and I will NEVER get sick of it!

I've been considering some toile for my dining room chairs; I'd love it if you'd come for a visit and tell me what you think!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love those rooms! Can one ever have too much toile? Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

This is way too funny!
~Misti

Felicia said...

Oh, those green plates are totally fab!

Amanda said...

Ha - that was really funny! Love all of those toile pics!

Thanks for the comment on my toile post. The drawer pulls I got at a HUGE, HUGE flea market in Texas. I'm pretty sure when I move from this house they are going with me. I don't think I'll ever be able to part with them since I don't know where I'll ever find more like them again.

Spoil The Baby said...

love it all!

Ashly said...

SOOOO FUN!! thanks for sharing in my toile passion- may it never end!!!

Ashly

Anonymous said...

What beautiful Toile patterns, and the colors are absolutely stunning! ~Arleen

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping