8/27/09

A Miracle Solution to Organized Drawers




There are homemaking days that stink like your son's dirty laundry after the winning baseball game, and then there are days where you walk into a room and the heavens open and you hear angels singing while a bright light shines on you're little homemaking miracle.

I have been fighting a mysterious foe for the last 5 years... his name is Nobody. Nobody wreaks all kinds of havoc around this house and is responsible for most breaches in house rules and routines. Lately Mr. Nobody (at least I think it's a MR.) has recruited inanimate objects and cursed them with supernatural powers.


You notice these drawers? They hold clothing that has taken on all of the properties of life. These clothes, eat, they shrink (not grow) and somehow they have managed to multiply.


When the drawers are open, shirts, socks, underwear and ties crawl out and sprawl on the floor. It's like watching Zombies emerge from the a crypt. Even when I fold the laundry neatly, the shirts somehow manage to roll over and resemble a teenagers bed sheets after a night of sleeping.

I thought I had been licked... that I had lost the Clothes War. Enters Bethany of OrderlyDrawer.com. She could tell the force was out of balance here and wanted to send me a little sample of the drawer organizers she and her hubby sell. Well, I ain't stooopid, I know a divine intervention when I see one and jumped at the chance to try these babies out!



Now I'm "Hooked On" Orderly Drawer organizers! First off, they're really affordable and they're for sale through the Palace Boutique Just Click the Pretty Organized button.



The dividers are made of REAL WOOD! (My husband is all for that manly natural grain stuff) They also take just minutes to install- you can easily put them to use the first day the arrive.

Bethany sent me her Cimple Expandable Drawer Divider line. The Cimple line comes in either 6" or 3" height and both sizes expand to fit your drawer. I put them to use in my boys drawers to sort socks undies and the living shirts that Mr. Nobody has been giving orders to.



Check out the after shots! These little miracle workers are making my boys room heaven and Mr. Nobody has decided to head out to the back yard and trash the patio instead.
No, these socks aren't folded... neither are the undies.... remember, I streamlined laundry long ago and shared the method to my madness HERE.



If you're loving the Cimple Drawer Dividers you'll absolutely drool over the custom dividers. I thought I'd have to save a year for such luxuries but ladies... head over to Orderly Drawer and see how affordable these babies are!


My junk drawer has begun to spit rubber bands and twist ties just to get enough attention so I'll buy her a custom organizer.



You can order the Cimple Expandable Drawer Dividers by heading over to my Pretty Organized Store. Shameless Plug. Just click the button below!



For other great ideas head over to my friend Julia's at Hooked on Houses and check out her "Hooked On" Party!

10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Those first drawers look like my son's room! Whoever said girls have all the clothes and shoes was wrong. These dividers seem like a big help for clothes drawers, but I might have a couple of drawers in the kitchen to organize.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I so need to get me a few of these. My drawers are sooo messy...lol

welcometomyfrontporch said...

You have inspired me to clean out my drawers. :) I love you blog!

Anonymous said...

What a great product! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I need something like that! :) Those are great...they'd work wonders in my preschooler's top drawer. :) Thanks for the photos with befores and afters. Visiting from Julia's party. :)

Kelli said...

Those would be so wonderful to have. Opening drawers would be delightful instead of scary!!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Just have to say I'm loving that number 4 pillow in the next post.
Just checking in with everyone and to give an update.
I have a new party starting- Wed Sept 2. So each week I will have the Knock Off Knock Out party on Mondays and the Holiday/Seasonal party on Wed. I hope you come for a visit.
New buttons to grab as well.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Its So Very Cheri said...

Can you come over and see if you have any suggestions. I am having problems with my follower section and I need advice.
Thanks Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Love the Decor! said...

Great ideas. I'll be popping over to see more of these wonderful dividers and organizers. Visit my site if you get a chance, I would love to have you as a follower

Julie said...

What lovely drawers you have, lol. I wanted to say that my mom used to have parties for Mr Nobody (it was a Mr in our house too). She would bake him a birthday cake and everything...he was a part of the family, after all!

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping