8/31/09

An Apology...

Dear Readers,

Google Ad Sense and I are have a battle of filters and preferences at the moment. In recent weeks my blog has had ads for condoms on the side bar. I apologize for the less than tasteful ad content. I have changed internal settings and hope that will right the situation but there seems to be lag time. If anyone has pointers please share.

In the mean time... please know that I am not pushing contraception. I figure reading a blog coming from a lady with 6 kids is contraception enough. So, if you see those ads about the Romans again... DON'T click on them! They're unwelcome here.

If none of you are seeing Condom ads... please don't tell me. I hate to think the ad people are watching me and I fit all of the marketing parameters for someone who needs contraception. Gah!.... I'm blog blushing right now!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

How embarrassing!!! I just get ads for flat bellies and closet organizers.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Actually, I just noticed it! Now, I'm going to check mine, but the only thing I noticed on mine is that it's supposed to be interior decor related ads and I know I've seen like a car ad and something else {not decor related}.

Amy said...

I'm very offended by the flat belly ad! It just makes me feel bad! :-)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I had the EXACT same thing happen on my blog a month ago so I turned all the ads off. I just allowed them again, but as TEXT only because I was worried about the same ads coming back again. I had even preselected to not receive ads of a "sexual" nature, but I still had the condom ads pop up on my blog, too before I went to text only ads. So much for their filtering system. I'd love to know how you turned them off "internally." The filter system they have doesn't work obviously. :-(

Shayla said...

I see one ad for women's sexuality health, and another for sexy tattoos

LOL us writing about it is probably NOT helpful :-)

Sherrie said...

So sorry this happened to you.

Your post about had me laughing.

Hope fully all returns to "normal" soon.

Sherrie

ness said...

well despite your condom advertising-this was a funny post:) way to have perspective and a sense of humor:)

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping