11/7/08

Enticing Entry Storage. Just in time for Guests.


For YEARS I have wanted a beautifully organized entry... but with 6 kids my efforts to organize look nothing short of a locker room... I need an entire room to stow gear for 8 people.  Still... a girl can dream right?

Pretty Organizers Pretty Budget Knock-Off

How about these tall dark and handsomely put together pieces?  Ballard Design has them for  a majillion dollars... no way in my budget.  BUT- if you had a great wide bookcase... thrift store shopping... that you could tip on it's side and paint, and jack it up on a few cheap home depot paintable cabinets then finish the back with craft paper, paint, bead board etc, attach hooks and add baskets... a great look alike. (Major run on sentence) 


This is the more petite version... Home Depot has pre-drilled closet organizing panels that would work to duplicate this lady.  Add a top and bottom and some hardware you may not even choose a cabinet.. bins?  ... not hard to build a frame and NOT the penny Ballard wants... (though if you got the money she's a beauty)


I actually HAVE this one.  Can't live without one in a two story house.  My kids empty it every night (well, almost every night).  I'm too lazy to go upstairs to put things away.


Happy Organizing!



Don't forget to check out my giveaway... you need to comment on this post to be entered. 5 lucky families get free Christ centered Santa letters. I'll announce the winner by Monday.

6 comments:

Kira said...

I was really spoiled living in a rambler before. I need to do something about those stairs, good idea. As for the mud room, I am just trying to get hooks hanged and it has taken a majillion years ;)

Amara said...

We've got a little thing in our garage entry, but like you, I need more. I could use like double the space. Maybe I should make a run to home depot and see what I can't afford.

Sharon said...

These are great ideas! I need something like this for each of our kids.

Anonymous said...

I love those storage units. I would love to have one, but I really don't even have a space that would work to put it in. :( I want to make our entry closet which is RIGHT by the front door into something similar though, just a single unit of course.

Mama Dog said...

So fun to find your site! Love your ideas and your connectedness to reality!! So many "organizers" apparently live on a different planet than I do! Thanks for the great pics and the encouragement!

Micaela said...

You have great ideas...Would love to create that in my junk space!

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping