11/11/09

African Nativity Cards


I love these Pictures.

They were sent to me from my parents in Uganda.



Last year they sent me a Christmas Card made of finely cut grass and leaves glued together to make a nativity scene. I {heart} these pictures!
I asked my mom to send me more so I could hang them up... we have a couple of beautiful brown daughters in our house and I wanted something that reflected that on my walls. Never mind that I can't take a decent picture to save this post...
I was trying to figure out how to put this ensemble together with what I had: 2 shadowbox frames, one black frame and a cheap plastic dollar store frame. I decided to glue a cheap dollar store frame ON TOP of the glass of the black frame. You're right, it's not straight- I don't care. It took me forever to center it this well... picture police, I'm guilty... bad lighting and pictures after 10pm... need I say more?
Ta-da!- A year round nativity of African art in my very girly office (which is such a mess from writing Santa's letters (and other things) that it's not able to be photographed.

5 comments:

The kids said...

oh they are gorgeous! I want some!

Karen said...

These are absolutely beautiful. My parents lived in Africa for eight years and brought some fabulous art and baskets home with them when they returned.
Great blog!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Anonymous said...

I love Uganda! Where are your parents? I traveled twice to Mbarrara a few years ago to work with AIDS patients and to teach some Bible studies, and I fell absolutely in love with the people. My African brothers and sisters call me "Senga" -- "Auntie," because, they say matter-of-factly, "She is fat and she gives us advice -- she is our Senga!" LOL!

Grins!
Pamm

Anonymous said...

I love Uganda! Where are your parents? I traveled twice to Mbarrara a few years ago to work with AIDS patients and to teach some Bible studies, and I fell absolutely in love with the people. My African brothers and sisters call me "Senga" -- "Auntie," because, they say matter-of-factly, "She is fat and she gives us advice -- she is our Senga!" LOL!

Grins!
Pamm

Kimberly said...

I love those nativity pictures too. I love the one piece statues with Mary Joseph and Baby Jesus, as well.

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping