11/12/09

Friday Boutique... A Parade of Christmas Decor Themes


If you're thinking about decorating for Christmas... (my friend the Nester is decorating early to prepare for her deck the halls post:) then you might be considering new ways to spruce up your home for the Holidays.  I'm praying that a real artificial tree lands on my house and squashes my wicked excuse of an artificial tree and that the Good Witch of Christmas waves her magic wand and produces a tree that would make my munchkins dance and sing, "Ding dong the tree is dead..."  Don't believe me?

True story... this is my tree.  I'll tell you about it next week... or maybe never. Actually, this is a great picture of my free tree. It was free... us thrifty gals will suffer a lot for the sake of FREE.


One of the things I've learned after 14 years of marriage is that every person needs to find their own style of decorating for Christmas.  I'm still mulling mine over...



I love it when a room looks festive without decorations overpowering the senses.


I love rooms that make you go, "Hmm... I never thought of that for Christmas."  Blue and orange, starfishes in garlands, topiaries and toile...

I love it when the tree is the focus of a room.  Simple, stately, alive and inviting to gather around.



While I love the traditional colors of red and green and also am lured by the natural look (tans, whites, and winter nature scenes) I have enjoyed seeing other colors come into use during the holidays.  Now days Christmas decor is centered around what makes you happy, cheerful and festive.

What decor themes do you use to decorate with?


Okay ladies, if you're crafting, come link up and show us what you're selling this season!  If you're beginning to hunt down Christmas gifts for sister, moms, neighbors, and daughter... now is the time to get out your check book and visit the talented ladies of blogland and shop!   Happy Boutiquing my friends!  Don't forget to order your Christ Centered Letters from Santa HERE for $6!  Orders need to be in by Thanksgiving for an early December delivery!

4 comments:

Pam said...

I'm a pretty traditional gal. Since red IS my fave color - what could be more perfect for Christmas than greenery all decked out in red?

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I always have red and green, but I use ornaments and decorations that have purple, gold, blue in them too.

The kids said...

I just love anything that we decide to put up. Ours is some traditional colours, lights, gold, and some silver, and of course anything the kids make!

Amara said...

copper copper copper. My new favorite Christmas color!

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping