2/18/09

Rearrange the Furniture; an unscheduled post.

We interrupt this scheduled post on schedules to bring you this:
Okay, so  for 4 days I've been flappin my gums about schedules and truly... I had another post scheduled however.... my dear friend Nester is having a party and well, I had to live by my motto: My Priorities are Organized, My Closet is Not.  Life requires flexibility for more important things like... decorating parties!!!  No... for THE decorating party of 2009!  If you haven't heard about my friend the Nester... well, go check this girl out.  She's fab!

I'll probably post that black and white toile room once a month for the rest of my life... I love that room... Nester Loves that room... WE LOVE THAT ROOM.  That's my dream room- except it has a plant and well, I manage to keep 6 kids alive but those darn ferns are tricky business in the desert!  This is one of my dream bathrooms... I could sit in there all day...
Well here's my reality.  Yep. REAL pics of my house with leftover Valentine's decor.  Nester suggested arranging the furniture which I do almost monthly...(mostly to mask the obvious traffic patterns of 8 people- otherwise, the carpet is white where the couch is and the color of Nestle's Quick everywhere else. No, I didn't choose this color carpet, I dream of chocolate carpet...) This however was a new arrangement.  The whole room is now skillywhompa with the walls!  I LOVE IT!  Don't get me started on how much I need to paint my coffee table and end tables... can't figure out when to do that.  Color suggestions?  
And, as if you  haven't seen enough pictures of little cute lamps in bathrooms... here's mine.  The beast of an alarm clock has been with us since marriage (13.5 years) and my husband insists it be in the bathroom and not by the bed... so he'll be forced to get up and turn it off... (as if my leg kicking him to wake up when it goes off isn't enough inspiration.)
This sad little bathroom is still builder white.  I'm dying to paint it but need to send husband with the kids to visit family a few states over for at least a week so I can get my painting projects done!  Anyone want to come paint with me?

Now, come on, don't you LOVE that Toile?  I think I need to have a toile linky party... only it may just be Nester and I that link up!
UPDATE!!!  TOILE LINKY PARTY IS ON!!  JOIN ME Tues. MARCH 24th and COME CHECK OUT THE TOILE YA'LL!  More INFO  HERE!!

34 comments:

Lindsay @ Makely said...

I will have dreams about that toile room tonight. Thank you very much. :D

I really like the furniture placement in your family room. I need to do that to mine, but I'm scared!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I really like that toile room too.
I especially like your description of yourself. Sounds like you have your priorities in order. Keep dreaming, things have a way of manifesting themselves.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I think that I like your priorities and I adore that toile room. So striking yet femine and welcoming.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Hey! I have a similar sofa and loveseat. Rearranging living room furniture is just tricky- but I like your arrangement. What about a rug under the coffee table to bring it all together? I don't know what to suggest painting the coffee table...maybe paint the legs white? I'm really no good at that sort of thing.

I LOVE that toile room! Wow! That certainly is an inspiration piece!

Anonymous said...

I am already putting your Toile Party on my cyber-calendar, and I even know what I'm wearing.

Just tell me when!

P.S. I think you almost have a White Room going in your living room - so just pain the bottom of the coffee table white, get some punchy patterned pillows in there, a great tablescape on the coffee table and oila (or is it voila?)-
You're set :)

Oh...and that was all free...:)

duchess said...

Very nice - I love toile anywhere I can get it.
Thanks to your hubby for the alarm clock in the bathroom trick - I'm going to have to try it.

The Nester said...

yes, that toile room. It catches me off guard every time I see it.

oh and your coffee table is precious! And I"m still lauffing I mean laughing about the nestle floor.

Wendy said...

Hey Lady! I think the toile linky party is a great idea...and you know there are enough toile lovers in blogland to come beating down your door for that one! Great post!

Unknown said...

I would love to come to your toile party, go on, have one! :)
Of course, no surprise here, but I would paint your coffee table and end table black. I graduated from the "every room needs a little black" university.

Teresa said...

Yes the toile room is to die for! I use to have a black toile bedroom- but now its all white-
Your lucky in your family room- you could change it everyday by just added new accessories- I need to work on my room so I can do that.
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I love the toile! My duvet cover is a black and cream toile... but I will not post a picture until the "After" is ready. Right now it is definitly a "Before"

Jennifer said...

Love the toile, and the furniture arrangement. As for the tables, I think a chocolate brown or black. I think black furniture looks great almost anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Your family room looks so nice and cozy! I understand about painting projects. I have quite a few to do myself!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I want to come paint with you...pick me, and the five kids, and then we'll put our mess together and it will be 11 kids. Yes, math is done for the day. :)
I love your room. I still have not rearranged my furniture - it's been years. HELP!! :)

knittingknirvana said...

I love that toile room, too. I used some toile in my little one's nursery. Yes, do a toile linky party!! :)

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

Yes that bathroom I could sit in for hours too and do nothing to myself! I thrilled I found your blog thru the nesters site and will be visiting often! Thanks for sharing!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

beautiful rooms-all of them...and that coffee table is one of a kind..i don't think you necessarily have to repaint them-the red is unexpected-it's nice!
-kristen

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I too am a lover of toile! I would come have coffee with you there...My kitchen has long black and cream toile panels perfect for coffee with a friend!
~Misti

trish said...

I can never see too many pretty lamps in bathrooms. I am just inches away from doing it myself. :o) If you choose to have a toile party ... I would like up for sure!
Your home is lovely! :o) Unpainted tables and all! :o) (I have a couple of those projects too!)

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Love your change! And love your blog design as well. So happy to come visit you from the Nester!

Deidra said...

I don't think a woman can ever have too much toile! Stunning!

Sherri said...

I love the way you have the furniture in your family room! I would probably paint the table legs white. Then again, I am no expert. I just do what I love because it's my home. Not who or what the designers say do! Although I have to admit all the blog hopping has my mind racing with new ideas. Now I want to rearrange my living room!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, I love that room, too. You have excellent taste. Can't wait to see what color you choose for the bathroom.

Cynthia

Remodeling Guy said...

Just when I thought I was a true, uncontested "know-it-all" I find out that I was not! Am not!
You have brought me one step closer to the target though, because before I came to your blog today if I heard "toile room" I would have thought someone forgot a "t" and we were talking about the bathroom! Now I know better! Thanks for the help! - Tim

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love toile so much too!!! What a wonderful room!

Your family room is so pretty! I love it!

Jen

Ridenour Family said...

Your home is very sweet and inviting! Great job!

Jodi said...

loving it! enjoy!

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

I thought you would find it funny that I usually am a "crazy painter" and paint my rooms when my hubby goes out of town and I have my 3 kids by myself. I do not understand the craziness of it but it is true. PS i have a 1 yr old, 6 yr old and 8 yr old.

southerninspiration said...

OMG....love the toile room! And I would consider painting your coffee table chocolate brown.....and maybe the end tables the same.

Suzanne

honeysuckle said...

I think everyone loves toile!--and parties! Why don't you paint your tables a dark color then add some very happy colored pllows with the dark color and splashy colors for your couch. When you get around to painting the walls add a paler version of one of the colors in the pillows.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Oh toile... If only my husband wouldn't have a heart attack I would put it everywhere in my house.

Rochelle said...

Found your blog from "A Soft Place to Land" and am really enjoying it. I don't have kids yet, but I do hope too someday. I like reading your stuff! Blessings!

Unknown said...

First of all, I'm a Etsy fan too.
I love the toile too.

Anonymous said...

We have that EXACT SAME clock in our bathroom too!!

 
entering http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping