- You put your toes under the covers and feel crumbs.... which after further investigation you conclude are the leftover cookie crumbs from the cookies that were hi-jacked from the jar (You found it empty in your moment of cookie desperation) and quite literally kept "under covers."
- You lay down on your pillow and catch a whiff of what smells part construction worker, part Suave, and part spit up. After further thought you realize there were several days in the week where the shower never quite happened... even though it was planned. You wince when you realize that indescribable odor was created by you... but hey, you can always wash it tomorrow...
- Your husband asks "Why does the bed smell like pee? I didn't pee the bed." At that point you remember you let the toddler take a nap in your bed. Hmm... no wonder why she changed her clothes again.
- The sheets remind you of the moments when your older huskier boy tries to wear his favorite shirt which no longer fits. The elastic corners ride up until they pop off the bed E.V.E.R.Y. Night!
- You can't remember when you last washed the sheets.
Keeping it real... I'm washing my sheets today.So, while I'm laundering sheets that have become one size to small and trying to scrape all of the cooking crumbs from between my toes, you can think about this:
How about updating your sheets or bedding with a little fabric paint? The green bedding above has been given a makeover.
- Use vinyl sticky back shelf paper to create a stencil. Peel and stick to fabric.
- Using paint mixed with a fabric paint conditioner or medium, stencil those old bedding duds back to life!
- Peel stencil off while paint is still a little wet... this prevents the painted surface from peeling as well.
Anyone else washing sheets today? Laundress's Unite! Uggg.... send chocolate stat!
All Photo's BHG.com